Thursday, September 09, 2004

He do (I)ran ran, he do (I)ran, ran...

Like Mugatu, I feel like I'm taking CRAZY PILLS! The invasion to Iraq was not a spur of the moment kind of decision...the idea was fomented years ago, in the bowls of the Project for a New American Centry (the neocon think tank), and even when 9/11 happened, Iraq was not seen, publicaly at least, as the target. Only through carefully choreographed and orchestrated "drips" did Iraq slowly make its way into the frontal lobe of the 'Merkin sense of fear. Nothing really earthshattering on any given moment, but just a steady, almost rhythmic, cadence of the drums of war, beaten from the basement of the Pentagon in the Office of Special Plans, from the right-wing echo chamber on talk radio and our old buddy Matt Sludge, from Faux News and O'Leilly and Hannity. By the time all was said and done, Osama had magically morphed into Saddam, and Iraq was a "grave and gathering danger" who needed to be stopped, even sans any real evidence that something was up, because we didn't want the "smoking gun to come in the form of a mushroom cloud."

Fast forward a few years later...Iraq is now our very own clusterfuck, and there's a slow drip drip drip of scary, frightening news about...Iran. In the interests of curiosity, from now until...well, whenever, I'll try to compile a log of the Iran "drips." I hate to say "I told you so" on Iraq, but I will, and I'll especially hate to say "I REALLY told you so in Iran."

Today's preliminary entry: Iran Seen Using EU to Buy Time to Get Atomic Bomb.

Then again, the REALLY scary shite is that unlike Iraq, which was a hollowed-out shell of a military power, Iran in all likelyhood IS racing to acquire the Bomb, and probably even given a violent shove in that direction by Shrub's embrace of preemptive warfare as official U.S. policy.


HCBP

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger HealthyArticles said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a herbal patches related site pertaining to herbal patches related articles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home